The State Ecological Academy of Postgraduate Education and Management is the leading organization of the Ministry of Energy and Environmental Protection of Ukraine, scientific, practical and methodological work on environmental protection, rational use of natural resources, environmental safety, environmental impact assessment, implementation of environmental management mechanisms, in particular, environmental audit, standardization, certification and metrology in the field of environmental protection with food, preparation of scientific ecological expert assessment of the status of objects of high environmental hazard. The Academy coordinates the development and implementation of new instructive and methodological and recommendatory documents in these areas of activity.
The State Ecological Academy of Postgraduate Education and Management carries out educational activities at the third (educational - scientific) level in full-time and part-time education in the field of knowledge 05 Social and Behavioral Sciences, specialty 051 Economics (specialization - economics of environmental management and environmental protection) and in the field of knowledge 10 Natural sciences, specialty 101 Ecology.
The State Ecological Academy of Postgraduate Education and Management received the Certificate of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on accreditation of the educational program "Ecology and Environmental Protection".
According to the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 978 dated August 9, 2001 (as amended) “On the Approval of the Regulation on the Accreditation of Higher Education Institutions and Specialties in Higher Education Institutions and Higher Professional Schools” accreditation of an educational program is a recognition of the conformity of the level of training of specialists in the field of training 101-Ecology with state requirements approved by the Ministry of Education and Science.
The Academy, as the recipient of the Certificate, has the right to issue graduates who have studied in the relevant field of training, specialties, a state diploma.
The State Ecological Academy of Postgraduate Education and Management invites to study at the second (Master's) level of education in the correspondence form of training in the following specialties:
- Specialty 101 - “Ecology” with specializations “Ecology and Environmental Protection”, “Ecological Safety in Production Spheres” and “Land Management and Greening of Land Use”;
- Specialty 193 - “Geodesy and Land Management” with specializations “Land Management and Land Use Administration” and “Cadastral Registrar”.
Educational and scientific activities in the Academy are carried out:
- Educational and Scientific Institute of Environmental Safety and Management;
- Educational and Scientific Institute of Economics and Environmental Management;
- Center for scientific and environmental information;
- Intersectoral focal point for environmental education for sustainable development;
- Outreach Aarhus Center; Center for Social and Environmental Information;
- Branch training center on labor protection;
- Center for European and Euro-Atlantic integration.