The purpose of the department: training of civil servants and environmental specialists, managers, environmentalists of enterprises and organizations, officials and specialists of executive authorities and local governments, representatives of environmental NGOs and businesses.
The main directions of educational work of the department:
- professional training of employees on water resources management of river basins;
- solution of water-ecological problems;
- ways to improve the environmental situation in the field of water resources;
- mechanisms for implementing environmental policy in the field of water management;
- strategy of ecologically safe water use;
- teaching disciplines: "Water resources: use, protection, reproduction, management", "Ecology of biodiversity", "Water ecology", "Ecology of water use", "Ecological bases of water resources management".
Areas of research activities of the department:
Development of normative-methodical documents on:
- design of shore fortifications by local estuaries from sandy soils on reservoirs;
- arrangement of water protection zones of water objects;
- development of strategic, conceptual and methodological principles
- solving problems of integrated water resources management in river basins;
- ecological and economic assessment of integrated use of water resources of reservoirs.
Information and educational work of the department:
Conducting advanced training courses.
"Integrated water resources management, biodiversity conservation, balanced management in river basins".
"Directions for improving the environmental situation in the field of water resources."
"Efficiency and ecological role of shore protection structures on the Dnieper reservoirs".
"Regulation of water protection zones of reservoirs on the basis of ecological assessment of water quality".
"Quality of natural and drinking waters".
Mykhaylenko Lyudmyla Yevdokimivna - Professor of the Department, Doctor of Biological Sciences, Senior Researcher
Kravchenko Bohdan Mykolayovych - Associate Professor, Candidate of Law
Vozny Valeriy Fedorovych - Associate Professor of the Department, Candidate of Technical Sciences
Yushchenko Lyudmyla Petrovna - Associate Professor, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences, Associate Professor
tel .: 206-30-35, 098-41-250-14